.NET Architecture for estate agent - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

.NET Architecture for estate agent

chr15athomechr15athome Posts: 1Member
Hi,

I am new to this great forum, just wondering if any of you guys could take alittle time to help me with a university task I have to do.
1) First of all I know quite a lot of J2EE but I have never used .NET and there seems to be so much information on the web and so many different programs involved such as ado, asp, etc that I am having trouble understanding how it works. Basically I need to come up with a .net architecture for an estate agents website I guess this is like J2EE with the client tier, Middle tier, etc. However whenever I look around at the .net architecture examples on the net it seems that .net applications have a massive architecure and not tiers more like a high-level and a low-level architecture or from high level of abstraction to low level of abstraction. Is this correct or should it have tiers like J2ee and does anyone have an example?

2) I need to then build a few of the components from the system design to demonstrate sufficiently that the design is feasible. I am guessing this would be done in Visual Studio but other than that I wouldn't have a clue but guess I can find this bit out at uni or library unless someone has a tutorial or example that might be of use?

Thankyou (in advance)

Chris J