Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Graph matching

Hi,

I have a master database which contains the data of graphs. When the user gives a real time graph data i need to match it with the master database and get the best matching graph data.

Can any one help me

Regards,
Guna

Comments

• DrMartenDrMarten Posts: 748Member
    : Hi,
    :
    : I have a master database which contains the data of graphs. When the user gives a real time graph data i need to match it with the master database and get the best matching graph data.
    :
    : Can any one help me
    :
    : Regards,
    : Guna
    :
    It depends on how you intend to match graphs, by values or by shape?
    Are the graphs as line graphs or what?
    Need more info please.

Regards,

Dr M.

• SigmaOrionSigmaOrion Posts: 1Member
    Hi, I don't know if it will help you in some way, but if you have some little mathematics knowledge you can read something about CORRELATION. It's a math algorithm yo match functions, signals or whatever. The key is that you can use a 2D correlation to match your graphs, it's very accurate and fast.
    If you are interested in this write me a mail (SigmaOrion@gmail.com) and I'll help you.
    Good luck...
  • CyGuyCyGuy Posts: 312Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by CyGuy at 2006-3-9 17:12:27[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hi, I don't know if it will help you in some way, but if you have some little mathematics knowledge you can read something about CORRELATION. It's a math algorithm yo match functions, signals or whatever. The key is that you can use a 2D correlation to match your graphs, it's very accurate and fast.
    : If you are interested in this write me a mail (SigmaOrion@gmail.com) and I'll help you.
    : Good luck...
    :
    [green]I got a table tic tac Sigma can sort out!![/green]
    -Russ aka DangeRuss
    [green]WHAT you;see_is_what=you.get;[/green]