Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

checking if a file exists

i want to check if a certain file in the default directory exists. The file is called 'userfile' and if it doesnt exist, i want to create it.

how do i see if the file exists;

i tried if filesize(loanfile)=0 butit doesnt seem to work and im guessing becase the file doesnt exist

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : i want to check if a certain file in the default directory exists. The file is called 'userfile' and if it doesnt exist, i want to create it.
    :
    : how do i see if the file exists;
    :
    : i tried if filesize(loanfile)=0 butit doesnt seem to work and im guessing becase the file doesnt exist
    :
    Check out the FileExists() function.
  • sarkiemarkiesarkiemarkie Posts: 89Member
    : : i want to check if a certain file in the default directory exists. The file is called 'userfile' and if it doesnt exist, i want to create it.
    : :
    : : how do i see if the file exists;
    : : i tried if filesize(loanfile)=0 butit doesnt seem to work and im guessing becase the file doesnt exist
    : Check out the FileExists() function.
    :

excellent, thank you