checking for version of access

What tool can I use to tell which version of Access my .mdb files are compatible with?

I am troubleshooting an application that has .mdb databases but I don't know what version of Access they were created in. Also there are no versions of Access installed on the computer.

Sizko

Comments

• : What tool can I use to tell which version of Access my .mdb files are compatible with?
    :
    : I am troubleshooting an application that has .mdb databases but I don't know what version of Access they were created in. Also there are no versions of Access installed on the computer.
    :
    : Sizko
    :

If you have a copy of access, open the file and the database window will indicate which version of access. that is as long as you have a version of access that is the same or newer than the file. [ie: access 2003 will open 2000, or 97 files - but access97 can not read a 2002 or 2003 file]

if have visual studio, you can connect to mdb file with ADO or one of the dataset wizards but I do not recall it will tell the access file version.