Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

deploying an application

JesseMJesseM Posts: 7Member
I am currently setting up an application for deployment (for an alpha release for some people to review). This application has been coded completely in C# with .NET 2003.

In doing so, I added a "setup project" (file->add project->new project->setup project) to the solution to create the installer. This installer is to be placed on the CD's.

The application uses thousands of external files (pdf's, images, etc...). Is there an easier way to add these to the setup project than manually including them one by one?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Comments

• weiccoweicco Posts: 950Member
    : I am currently setting up an application for deployment (for an alpha release for some people to review). This application has been coded completely in C# with .NET 2003.
    :
    : In doing so, I added a "setup project" (file->add project->new project->setup project) to the solution to create the installer. This installer is to be placed on the CD's.
    :
    : The application uses thousands of external files (pdf's, images, etc...). Is there an easier way to add these to the setup project than manually including them one by one?
    :
    : Thanks a lot in advance.
    :

I don't have 2003 Studio at hand so I can't check this but I think you can write the help project file by hand, or add some parts to it. Open the help project file to some text-editor (I think it's unicode-file) and see what it looks like. Create some script or program that adds all the neccessary files to project and call studio to build it.