Animation/pictures - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Animation/pictures

siskomikesiskomike Posts: 88Member
Hey, i'm using a student version of visual basic 6.0. How can i make smooth animation, ex. moving a picture across the screen without it flickering?

here is some general code i use to do movement = FLICKERING:(

Private Sub tmrMove_Timer()
Image1.Left = Image1.Left + 10
End Sub

Private Sub cmdMove_Click()
Image1.Left = Image1.Left + 10
End Sub

Is there something better i could use for more fluid motion/animation? thnx for any help, Mike

Comments

• lionblionb Posts: 1,688Member ✭✭
    [b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2006-2-15 9:8:35[/red][/b][hr]
    Is there something better i could use for more fluid motion/animation? thnx for any help, Mike
    :
    Try to use Picture instead of Image

• siskomikesiskomike Posts: 88Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by siskomike at 2006-2-16 19:5:1[/red][/b][hr]

• dokken2dokken2 Posts: 532Member
    : Hey, i'm using a student version of visual basic 6.0. How can i make smooth animation, ex. moving a picture across the screen without it flickering?
    :
    : here is some general code i use to do movement = FLICKERING:(
    :
    : Private Sub tmrMove_Timer()
    : Image1.Left = Image1.Left + 10
    : End Sub
    :
    : Private Sub cmdMove_Click()
    : Image1.Left = Image1.Left + 10
    : End Sub
    :
    : Is there something better i could use for more fluid motion/animation? thnx for any help, Mike
    :

Although I have not used it, VB6 help indicates there is a "Sprite control" which may offer what you need.

• Mike_AB1Mike_AB1 Posts: 49Member
    : : [b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2006-2-15 9:8:35[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Is there something better i could use for more fluid motion/animation? thnx for any help, Mike
    : : :
    : : Try to use Picture instead of Image
    : :
    : That doesnt make much of a difference if any
    :

I tried to use PaintPicture - it worked better if 'Autoredraw' property of the form is 'True'

My timer interval was 40 ms

Put to the declaration:
    Dim oPic As StdPicture
    Dim lCounter As Long

Private Sub Form_Load()
    Set oPic = LoadPicture("c:MyFolderMyPicture.jpg")
    End Sub

Private Sub Timer1_Timer()
    lCounter = lCounter + 15
    If lCounter > Form1.Width Then lCounter = 0
    Call Form1.Cls
    Call Form1.PaintPicture(oPic, lCounter, 100)
    End Sub

Mike
  • lionblionb Posts: 1,688Member ✭✭
    [b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2006-2-16 8:51:42[/red][/b][hr]
    : : [b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2006-2-15 9:8:35[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Is there something better i could use for more fluid motion/animation? thnx for any help, Mike
    : : :
    : : Try to use Picture instead of Image
    : That doesnt make much of a difference if any
    :
    It does work better on my machine. I am not expert in this field but I do know that image/picture control flickering is the open issue of VB 6. I think this issue has been never resolved/closed and it's not going to be. VB 6 practically gone ...