Need help with VB6 and Access Database - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Need help with VB6 and Access Database

Chaz4831Chaz4831 Posts: 10Member
OK, I have been looking through books until my eyes hurt and can't figure this out. Here is what I have:
1 access database with 3 tables
1 vb6 form with 3 radio button controls, data control, data combo boc for selection, labels to hold the data.(don't want it changed), and a command button to make it work.(hopefully)
What is suppose to happen is when you select a radio button and click on the command button it's suppose to populat the combo box with the datafield from that table. Then be able to select from the list in the combo box and display the recordset in the labels. I had the combo box working at one time but now it's not. I also cannot figure out how to switch the tables. Can anyone help? I am more than willing to zip up what I have and email it to you. Thanks
Chaz

Comments

• PavlinIIPavlinII Posts: 404Member
    : OK, I have been looking through books until my eyes hurt and can't figure this out. Here is what I have:
    : 1 access database with 3 tables
    : 1 vb6 form with 3 radio button controls, data control, data combo boc for selection, labels to hold the data.(don't want it changed), and a command button to make it work.(hopefully)
    : What is suppose to happen is when you select a radio button and click on the command button it's suppose to populat the combo box with the datafield from that table. Then be able to select from the list in the combo box and display the recordset in the labels. I had the combo box working at one time but now it's not. I also cannot figure out how to switch the tables. Can anyone help? I am more than willing to zip up what I have and email it to you. Thanks
    : Chaz
    :
    Hi, write your code here to let us help you..
    What are you using? DAO or ADO connections? Are you sure you have no problems with licensing?

[blue][b][italic][size=4]P[/size]avlin [size=4]II[/italic][/size][/b][/blue]

[purple]Don't take life too seriously anyway you won't escape alive from it![/purple]

• Chaz4831Chaz4831 Posts: 10Member
    : : OK, I have been looking through books until my eyes hurt and can't figure this out. Here is what I have:
    : : 1 access database with 3 tables
    : : 1 vb6 form with 3 radio button controls, data control, data combo boc for selection, labels to hold the data.(don't want it changed), and a command button to make it work.(hopefully)
    : : What is suppose to happen is when you select a radio button and click on the command button it's suppose to populat the combo box with the datafield from that table. Then be able to select from the list in the combo box and display the recordset in the labels. I had the combo box working at one time but now it's not. I also cannot figure out how to switch the tables. Can anyone help? I am more than willing to zip up what I have and email it to you. Thanks
    : : Chaz
    : :
    : Hi, write your code here to let us help you..
    : What are you using? DAO or ADO connections? Are you sure you have no problems with licensing?
    :
    :
    :
    : [blue][b][italic][size=4]P[/size]avlin [size=4]II[/italic][/size][/b][/blue]
    :
    : [purple]Don't take life too seriously anyway you won't escape alive from it![/purple]
    :
    :
    : I figured it out last night. It was my own mistake. I am using tabs and I had the data control on the form. When I put the control on the tab itself I was able to switch tables without a problem. I also found out I had to put a data control on each tab to point to the table I wanted. It is working great now. Exactly how I wanted it to work.

Thanks
    Chaz