Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

newbie moving from vb.net to c#

Mini_MaggitMini_Maggit Posts: 28Member
Hi guys,

I'm busy moving over to C# from VB.Net and there are a few syntax issues I have. I wonder if you could help?

For instance, in VB.Net to modify a database you would do this:

[code] With daCategory.DeleteCommand
.Parameters("@ID").Value = textbox1.text
.Connection.Open()
.Prepare()
.ExecuteNonQuery()
.Connection.Close()
End With[/code]

so I tried this in C#:

[code]daCategory.DeleteCommand.Parameters("@ID").Value = textbox1.text;
daCategory.DeleteCommand.Connection.Open();
daCategory.DeleteCommand.Prepare();
daCategory.DeleteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery();
daCategory.DeleteCommand.Connection.Close();[/code]

but the compiler has issues with the 'Parameters' keyword... What is the correct syntax for this type of command?

Oh, this is using stored procedures in a SQL Server database...

Thanks

Comments

• IDKIDK Posts: 1,784Member
    Try to do this:

: [code]daCategory.DeleteCommand.Parameters("@ID") = new type??(textbox1.text);
    : daCategory.DeleteCommand.Connection.Open();
    : daCategory.DeleteCommand.Prepare();
    : daCategory.DeleteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery();
    : daCategory.DeleteCommand.Connection.Close();[/code]

I don't know anything about this but do like this and change the type to the right one and I think it should work better.