Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

RAPI: CeRapiUninit Hang

Hi,

I am creating an interface for my program to the Windows RAPI DLL in C++. I am loading the DLL dynamically (but the problem arises whether I load it dynamically or statically). When running my mutlithreaded app I successfully call CeRapiInit. It returns fine with S_OK. But later on when I call CeRapiUninit it hangs. In the method that calls CeRapiUninit, I can stick a CeRapiInit() right before and everything works:

CeRapiInit()
CeRapiUninit()

Or I can even issue another command like delete and it will be successful:

CeDeleteFile()
CeRapiUninit()

The problem is that it HANGS not that it returns E_FAIL. This is what is surprising.

So my question is does anyone know why it would hang?

Is it because ActiveSync is still trying to do something underneath the covers. I have also checked that all my files that I was modifying were closed.

ANY suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Kamil