Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Access SwitchBoard

DertweillerDertweiller Member Posts: 37
Hi there,

I am developing an access application that allows the user to navigate via a switchboard. The switchboard is working very well but I want to customize it in a way that when I run the application again, it takes me to that part of the switchboard that I stopped at the last time the application was run. Say for instance I had switchboard items A, B, C and sub items A1,A2,A3 B1,B2,B3 and C1,C2,C3 and while using the application I clicked on B and then on B2 before exiting the application; how do I get the Form_Load or Form_Activate event to go straight to B2 the next time it is run or at least remind me that I was at B2 the last time the application was run?

Thanks all

[blue]I am Invincible... ;-)[/blue]

Comments

• splansingsplansing Member Posts: 140
    : Hi there,
    :
    : I am developing an access application that allows the user to navigate via a switchboard. The switchboard is working very well but I want to customize it in a way that when I run the application again, it takes me to that part of the switchboard that I stopped at the last time the application was run. Say for instance I had switchboard items A, B, C and sub items A1,A2,A3 B1,B2,B3 and C1,C2,C3 and while using the application I clicked on B and then on B2 before exiting the application; how do I get the Form_Load or Form_Activate event to go straight to B2 the next time it is run or at least remind me that I was at B2 the last time the application was run?
    :
    : Thanks all
    :
    :
    : [blue]I am Invincible... ;-)[/blue]
    :
    You'll need to develop a table that stores your last location. Anytime you open a form, you'll need to call some generic routine like:

SaveMyName me.name

that writes me.name into the first and only record of your table. As far as I know, there is no other way to store data from one use of the database to the next, other than using a table.