Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

double conversion !

da_comp_guyda_comp_guy Posts: 37Member
I kinda need some answers for dis very badly...how do i remove the (e) notation ..in the "double" data type. what i basically want to say is...i need to convert a huge number say around 10 digits, which "int" can't handle, but"double" can.At the same time i don't want the approximation to b done (2.34656e+10). I need to handle really large numbers...which shud b very precise(shud give the exact answer). i was jus wonderning..can i create my own data type?( not structures,classes and stuff...!).
plz help..thanx !
"[b]The[blue] GEEK[/blue] Shall Inherit The Earth" ;-) [/b]

Comments

• DonotaloDonotalo Posts: 715Member
    : I kinda need some answers for dis very badly...how do i remove the (e) notation ..in the "double" data type. what i basically want to say is...i need to convert a huge number say around 10 digits, which "int" can't handle, but"double" can.At the same time i don't want the approximation to b done (2.34656e+10). I need to handle really large numbers...which shud b very precise(shud give the exact answer). i was jus wonderning..can i create my own data type?( not structures,classes and stuff...!).
    : plz help..thanx !
    : "[b]The[blue] GEEK[/blue] Shall Inherit The Earth" ;-) [/b]
    :
    [purple]of course u can. just need proper format:
    [code]
    double a = 999.12345678901234;

/* C style, output: 999.12345678901238 */
    printf("%.14f
    ", a);

// C++ style, output: 999.12345678901
    cout.precision(14);
    cout << a << endl;
    [/code]
    take a glance at the outputs.
    [/purple]
    [hr][purple]~Donotalo()[/purple]

• da_comp_guyda_comp_guy Posts: 37Member
    THANX A LOT..BUT IT SEEMS DAT THE PRECISION IS FOR ONLY 20 DIGITS MAX ! AFTER DAT..THE (e) NOTATION AGAIN COMES UP.
    BUT THANX A LOT ANYWAYS !

"[b]The[blue] GEEK[/blue] Shall Inherit The Earth" ;-) [/b]