Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Problem Using IBasic with questionable tutorial!

IsanwulfIsanwulf Member Posts: 1
Hi,
I have only begun to learn IBasic a few minutes ago but, i am already having difficulty. I have found a tutorial free of jargon and complex, inconsiderate wording but either the code i have been instructed to input or IBasic are flawed. I will post the piece of code here:

print "What is your name?"
input name$
print "Hello..."
print name$
print "Thankyou for using this program!"

I am being told that there is an 'undefined variable' on line 2 and that 'name$' was not found. I am assuming this is because i have not created it, it had seemed rather obvious but, the tutorial says nothing of how to do this...

Can anyone help?

Isanwulf

Comments

• IDKIDK Member Posts: 1,784
    : Hi,
    : I have only begun to learn IBasic a few minutes ago but, i am already having difficulty. I have found a tutorial free of jargon and complex, inconsiderate wording but either the code i have been instructed to input or IBasic are flawed. I will post the piece of code here:
    :
    : print "What is your name?"
    : input name$
    : print "Hello..."
    : print name$
    : print "Thankyou for using this program!"
    :
    : I am being told that there is an 'undefined variable' on line 2 and that 'name$' was not found. I am assuming this is because i have not created it, it had seemed rather obvious but, the tutorial says nothing of how to do this...
    :
    : Can anyone help?
    :
    :
    : Isanwulf
    :

Most basic version wich have a Q in it don't need to init a variable. But I your going to learn some programming, then you'll have to get used to it.

I personaly like QBASIC 1.1, becouse I got a version in swedish (my native language)

This is how it's done in Visual Basic, (even if I don't know the language):

dim name as string
    or maybe
    dim name$ as string

Happy coding wishes
    the one and only
    [b]Niklas Ulvinge[/b] [white]aka [b]IDK[/b][/white]

• ALiTechALiTech Member Posts: 2
    [b][red]This message was edited by ALiTech at 2006-11-7 21:22:7[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Hi,
    : : I have only begun to learn IBasic a few minutes ago but, i am already having difficulty. I have found a tutorial free of jargon and complex, inconsiderate wording but either the code i have been instructed to input or IBasic are flawed. I will post the piece of code here:
    : :
    : : print "What is your name?"
    : : input name$
    : : print "Hello..."
    : : print name$
    : : print "Thankyou for using this program!"
    : : I am being told that there is an 'undefined variable' on line 2 and that 'name$' was not found. I am assuming this is because i have not created it, it had seemed rather obvious but, the tutorial says nothing of how to do this...
    : : Can anyone help?
    : : Isanwulf
    :
    : Most basic version wich have a Q in it don't need to init a variable. But I your going to learn some programming, then you'll have to get used to it.
    :
    : I personaly like QBASIC 1.1, becouse I got a version in swedish (my native language)
    :
    : This is how it's done in Visual Basic, (even if I don't know the language):
    :
    : dim name as string
    : or maybe
    : dim name$ as string
    :
    : Happy coding wishes
    : the one and only
    : [b]Niklas Ulvinge[/b] [white]aka [b]IDK[/b][/white]
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :

ALiTech http://www.alitech.cjb.net

Actually, IBasic is similar to Visual Basic but I think IBasic is little bet harder than VB because in IBasic involves alot of maths usage. My advice is if you are a beginner to programming and you dont have any idea how to create software. Then go and download (LIBERTY BASIC) it is cool compiler with eye-catching GUI (Graphical User Interface) it is piece of cake. Also it has tutorial as well..

If you want you can see my software watch I created them in Liberty Basic

http://users.cjb.net/alitech/ahe.html

or

http://users.cjb.net/alitech/abh.html

The below source code prints Hello World! in IBasic..

-------- Begin Code

OpenConsole

Print Hello World!

Do
    Until inkey$ <>
    CloseConsole:End

-------- End Code

The below source code prints Hellow World! in Liberty Basic..

-------- Begin Code

Print Hello World!

---------End Code

Easy Peazy Japanesee

Now Im starting to program in C++.

ALiTech Spear the Knowledge
    http://www.alitech.cjb.net