Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Adding files of numerical data.

BouchoBoucho Posts: 2Member
Hi I was hoping that maybe someone could help me with a small piece of C code. I have a number of files, which are all of similar layout ie. three lines of text and 5-6 columns of numerical data. I need to add each of the elements of the second column in one file to their counterparts in the second column of the other file. I must add them in the ratio of 3:1 so I also need to multiply one column by a scalar. So I need to extract the files (into an array?), manipulate the data, add the array elements into a new array, and return this as a file. I think. Any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated as this problem is really holding me up. Thanks very much.

Comments

• stephlstephl Posts: 422Member
    : Hi I was hoping that maybe someone could help me with a small piece of C code. I have a number of files, which are all of similar layout ie. three lines of text and 5-6 columns of numerical data. I need to add each of the elements of the second column in one file to their counterparts in the second column of the other file. I must add them in the ratio of 3:1 so I also need to multiply one column by a scalar. So I need to extract the files (into an array?), manipulate the data, add the array elements into a new array, and return this as a file. I think. Any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated as this problem is really holding me up. Thanks very much.
    :
    It seems you've already written part of the code. Post it so that we can help you.

Steph