Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

project idea

DonotaloDonotalo Posts: 715Member
[purple]anybody please post a link from where i can get lots of real world project ideas can be done by c/c++?[/purple]
[hr][purple]~Donotalo()[/purple]

Comments

• stoberstober Posts: 9,765Member ✭✭✭
    : [purple]anybody please post a link from where i can get lots of real world project ideas can be done by c/c++?[/purple]
    : [hr][purple]~Donotalo()[/purple]
    :

I suppose most of them are propority to the given company (company secrets) and not readily available to the public on the net.

But here is one pretty frequent problem: Use MySql to construct an accounting database, then write one or more c++ programs that update the database and print reports. You should assume the database runs on one computer (server computer) while client program(s) run on one or more other computers. You can find c++ examples on MySql.com site.

You will need to write GUI user interface that contain forms for entering the data so that it can be sent to the database.
  • DonotaloDonotalo Posts: 715Member
    : : [purple]anybody please post a link from where i can get lots of real world project ideas can be done by c/c++?[/purple]
    : : [hr][purple]~Donotalo()[/purple]
    : :
    :
    : I suppose most of them are propority to the given company (company secrets) and not readily available to the public on the net.
    :
    : But here is one pretty frequent problem: [b]Use MySql to construct an accounting database, then write one or more c++ programs that update the database and print reports. You should assume the database runs on one computer (server computer) while client program(s) run on one or more other computers. You can find c++ examples on MySql.com site.[/b]
    :
    : You will need to write GUI user interface that contain forms for entering the data so that it can be sent to the database.
    :
    [purple]
    yes, a project similar to this i have to do in my database course. in another course, i've to do another project. my faculty wants a real world project to do. currently i'm assigned (forced - i am out of idea) to do the project on "criminal database system" based on fingerprint! but it is too much for me since i dont know anything about fingerprint recognition algorithm. net doesnt help so much - absolutely no resource is available for me on this project. so i'm looking for another project, this one still hasn't finalized.
    [/purple]
    [hr][purple]~Donotalo()[/purple]

• adeydasadeydas Posts: 43Member
    i did a search and got this:
    http://www.cs.fsu.edu/~liux/students/

there are some nice projects on imaging and database implementation that requires strong C/C++ skills.
    hope it helps...

: : : [purple]anybody please post a link from where i can get lots of real world project ideas can be done by c/c++?[/purple]
    : : : [hr][purple]~Donotalo()[/purple]
    : : :
    : : I suppose most of them are propority to the given company (company secrets) and not readily available to the public on the net.
    : : But here is one pretty frequent problem: [b]Use MySql to construct an accounting database, then write one or more c++ programs that update the database and print reports. You should assume the database runs on one computer (server computer) while client program(s) run on one or more other computers. You can find c++ examples on MySql.com site.[/b]
    : : You will need to write GUI user interface that contain forms for entering the data so that it can be sent to the database.
    : [purple]
    : yes, a project similar to this i have to do in my database course. in another course, i've to do another project. my faculty wants a real world project to do. currently i'm assigned (forced - i am out of idea) to do the project on "criminal database system" based on fingerprint! but it is too much for me since i dont know anything about fingerprint recognition algorithm. net doesnt help so much - absolutely no resource is available for me on this project. so i'm looking for another project, this one still hasn't finalized.
    : [/purple]
    : [hr][purple]~Donotalo()[/purple]
    :
    :

Thank you.
    Abhishek
    http://deydas.net