Hey guys can anyone suggest me any OS independent C compiler - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Hey guys can anyone suggest me any OS independent C compiler

nec2152nec2152 Posts: 18Member
Hey guys,
I am doing a project as part of my college curriculum. The software that i am trying to build boots up from floppy disk and runs without any OS. So I am searching for a C compiler which is OS independent, eg it does not use int 21h dos services, relies completely on ROM BIOS calls.
Can anybody suggest me something.....

Comments

• stoberstober Posts: 9,765Member ✭✭✭
    : Hey guys,
    : I am doing a project as part of my college curriculum. The software that i am trying to build boots up from floppy disk and runs without any OS. So I am searching for a C compiler which is OS independent, eg it does not use int 21h dos services, relies completely on ROM BIOS calls.
    : Can anybody suggest me something.....
    :

you can use any compiler, just toss the standard libraries and write your own. I assume your boot floppy will install some sort of os, otherwise it won't be able to load a program into memory, resolve all addresses, and begin its execution.