validation - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

validation

vyxenvyxen Posts: 1Member
I am working on some java code that reads in an XML document and parses it into a java object. What I need to do however is compare the document with a schema to ensure that it is valid. Any ideas how to quickly and neatly compare the entire document to a schema before processing?? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• infidelinfidel Posts: 2,900Member
    : I am working on some java code that reads in an XML document and parses it into a java object. What I need to do however is compare the document with a schema to ensure that it is valid. Any ideas how to quickly and neatly compare the entire document to a schema before processing?? Thanks in advance.

Doing this yourself is a monumental task. Better to use an existing library like Xerces or JAXP:

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2004/09/15/schema-validation.html

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]