Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

WHY .NET!?!?!?!?!?!

Gregry2Gregry2 Member Posts: 607
grr... .net...

for all the board you guys could make, why .net, seriously?

{2}rIng

Comments

• IDKIDK Member Posts: 1,784
    : grr... .net...
    :
    : for all the board you guys could make, why .net, seriously?
    :
    : {2}rIng
    :
    C++ and C++.net is completly different. It's only the syntax that's the same.

Happy coding wishes
    the one and only
    [b]Niklas Ulvinge[/b] [white]aka [b]IDK[/b][/white]

• homerocdahomerocda Member Posts: 87
    :
    :
    :

Well, there is a programming board for C++ MFC programming, one for C++ Builder programming. Why not one for .NET programming?
  • Gregry2Gregry2 Member Posts: 607
    : : grr... .net...
    : :
    : : for all the board you guys could make, why .net, seriously?
    : : {2}rIng
    :
    : Well, there is a programming board for C++ MFC programming, one for C++ Builder programming. Why not one for .NET programming?
    :

Is .net really that good? A sign that not many are intrested is the numnber of posts on the board, one critizing it :)

jk. We're all different.
    {2}rIng

: Is .net really that good? A sign that not many are intrested is the numnber of posts on the board, one critizing it :)
    :

Most people are saying that .net is going to grow really fast, but I have seen any of it. Most people on this site isn't programming .net...
  • AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Member Posts: 6,519
    :
    : : Is .net really that good? A sign that not many are intrested is the numnber of posts on the board, one critizing it :)
    :
    : Most people are saying that .net is going to grow really fast, but I have seen any of it. Most people on this site isn't programming .net...
    :
    [blue]C++ .NET is strange.
    I did some C# - now that is very cool![/blue]
    : : : Is .net really that good? A sign that not many are intrested is the numnber of posts on the board, one critizing it :)
    : : :
    : : Most people are saying that .net is going to grow really fast, but I have seen any of it. Most people on this site isn't programming .net...
    : [blue]C++ .NET is strange.
    : I did some C# - now that is very cool![/blue]
    :
    One of the stranges things is that to keep difference between the old 'new' func in C++, C++.net got gcnew.
  • Jan_WillemJan_Willem Member Posts: 1
    :
    :
    :

It's an attempt to make software platform independent. You can write software on platform A and execute the resulting code on platform B without any modifications to the binaries.
  • HIPARHIPAR Member Posts: 1
    : : grr... .net...
    : : for all the board you guys could make, why .net, seriously?
    : : {2}rIng
    :
    : It's an attempt to make software platform independent. You can write software on platform A and execute the resulting code on platform B without any modifications to the binaries.
    :

The way I see it, DotNet is Microsoft recoiling against the inroads
    that JAVA has made. So, like it or not, It's only a matter of time before we all need to deal with it.

--- CHAS
  • cyb3rcyb3r Member Posts: 1
    : : : grr... .net...
    : : : for all the board you guys could make, why .net, seriously?
    : : : {2}rIng
    : : It's an attempt to make software platform independent. You can write software on platform A and execute the resulting code on platform B without any modifications to the binaries.
    :
    : The way I see it, DotNet is Microsoft recoiling against the inroads
    : that JAVA has made. So, like it or not, It's only a matter of time before we all need to deal with it.
    :
    : --- CHAS
    :

ya i agree with it... .NET still cant go through all that java did...and one big advantage is java side has OPENSOURCE... :)...cyb3r