Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Open a mail client window using classic ASP

Hi all,

I wanted to open a mail client (OE) window with the following items filled in viz., to address, cc, bcc, subject, body text and attachment (will be available in the particular directory). I do not want to send the mail without user interaction to send it. So that when the user presses the button only should post the message.

Please send the sample codings to do the above mentioned task in classic ASP.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards.
Ravi

Comments

• lalit.kglalit.kg Member Posts: 1
    : Hi all,
    :
    : I wanted to open a mail client (OE) window with the following items filled in viz., to address, cc, bcc, subject, body text and attachment (will be available in the particular directory). I do not want to send the mail without user interaction to send it. So that when the user presses the button only should post the message.
    :
    : Please send the sample codings to do the above mentioned task in classic ASP.
    :
    : Thanking you in anticipation.
    :
    : Regards.
    : Ravi
    :

hi ravi...
    i read ur ques.even im stuck with the same problem.if u find any solution to this problem pls let me know.

• remyadharmarajremyadharmaraj Member Posts: 1
    : Hi all,
    :
    : I wanted to open a mail client (OE) window with the following items filled in viz., to address, cc, bcc, subject, body text and attachment (will be available in the particular directory). I do not want to send the mail without user interaction to send it. So that when the user presses the button only should post the message.
    :
    : Please send the sample codings to do the above mentioned task in classic ASP.
    :
    : Thanking you in anticipation.
    :
    : Regards.
    : Ravi
    :

• aaronjones3593aaronjones3593 Member Posts: 122
    : : Hi all,
    : :
    : : I wanted to open a mail client (OE) window with the following items filled in viz., to address, cc, bcc, subject, body text and attachment (will be available in the particular directory). I do not want to send the mail without user interaction to send it. So that when the user presses the button only should post the message.
    : : Please send the sample codings to do the above mentioned task in classic ASP.
    : : Thanking you in anticipation.
    : : Regards.
    : : Ravi
    :
    :

have any of you thought on the basis of using javascript?

[code]
    window.open("mailto:emailaddress@somewebsite.com?Subject=something here&Body=main text here", "_blank");
    [/code]

-( Aaron )-

"Alcohol aint the answer, but atleast you forget the question"