Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Win Xp problem

kirankumarkirankumar Member Posts: 12
hai,
i have, windows XP , suddenly wht happend i dont know, from few days, application which is installed are not opening, and the icons are showing Sevice manager, and in task manager ServiceManager is continusly running,when i install new softwares like acrobat,winzip etc.. first time it is running successfully, but when i shutdown and restart next day or next time the application which i closed last will not work,and in taskmanager SERVICEMANAGER is running with the application icon

so please give me a suggestion, is it virus ?
even i format and install same thing happens.

Comments

• andrei25niandrei25ni Member Posts: 15
    do you have the original win xp discs ? I don't think it is a virus, because you said you format the hdd. what computer spec. do you have ? I suggest you install all the latest drivers for your sound card, video card, etc., install Service Pack 2 for Windows ,get an antivirus. If everything it's working ok, then install the other software (winzip, etc).
    By the way, does your computer supports win xp :) ?
    --------------------------------------------
    May the God of Knowledge Watch Over You ! :)

• kirankumarkirankumar Member Posts: 12
    thanks for ur suggestion i have original xp but i dont know abt service pack where it will be avilable

same thing happend when i installed win 2000

my motherboard suppors all new versions of Windows

thanks & reagrds
    Kiran kumar D

: do you have the original win xp discs ? I don't think it is a virus, because you said you format the hdd. what computer spec. do you have ? I suggest you install all the latest drivers for your sound card, video card, etc., install Service Pack 2 for Windows ,get an antivirus. If everything it's working ok, then install the other software (winzip, etc).
    : By the way, does your computer supports win xp :) ?
    : --------------------------------------------
    : May the God of Knowledge Watch Over You ! :)
    :
    :

: thanks for ur suggestion i have original xp but i dont know abt service pack where it will be avilable
    :
    : same thing happend when i installed win 2000
    :
    : my motherboard suppors all new versions of Windows
    :
    : thanks & reagrds
    : Kiran kumar D

There is surelly a compatibility problem or a device conflict. Some updates of drivers should do the work, also the Service Pack 2 is recommendet. To see what SP you have do the following: go to START->RUN. Type dxdiag and hit enter.Click the More Help tab ,then MSInfo. Wait untill all data is collected. Ther you should find the SP you have.
    When I connected to the Internet, I was automated asked if I want to download and install SP2. If thet didn't happened to you, then you can install Service Pack 2 from Microsoft site. Good luck and keep me posted :p
  • kirankumarkirankumar Member Posts: 12
    Dear andrei25ni ,

Thanks for your reply, i solved the problem, its the problem of drivers, i installed correct VGA,SOUND drivers and i solved the problem.

thanks and regards
    Kiran Kumar D
    I'm glad to hear that. Bye !
    --------------------------------------------
    May the God of Knowledge Watch Over You ! :)