Help with a example - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Help with a example

mishaamishaa Posts: 1Member
Hi people. I am not so good with pascal programing so I need to ask for help here. I have to write a program for the next example:

Whole number is symmetrical if is read from left to right, an from right to left.
Number is almost symmetrical if there is a digit of that number with which deletion this number becomes symmetrical.
Write a program which will: for given N (N less or equal 20) count how many almost symmetrical N-digit numbers are there.
Time limit is 10 seconds.

So if anybody can help me with this it would be great. Thank's forward

Comments

• DrMartenDrMarten Posts: 748Member
    : Hi people. I am not so good with pascal programing so I need to ask for help here. I have to write a program for the next example:
    :
    : Whole number is symmetrical if is read from left to right, an from right to left.
    : Number is almost symmetrical if there is a digit of that number with which deletion this number becomes symmetrical.
    : Write a program which will: for given N (N less or equal 20) count how many almost symmetrical N-digit numbers are there.
    : Time limit is 10 seconds.
    :
    :
    : So if anybody can help me with this it would be great. Thank's forward
    :
    =====================================================================

In which sense do you mean symmetrical?
    As in a palindrome like>>

121 or 1221 etc?
    or do you mean in a binary bit-wise sense?

Do you mean where the length of the number is less than 20 digits?

More info needed please.

I guess you mean, up to 20 digits and that if a number is for example>>

1213 then deleting the 3 would make the number symmetrical, as in a palindrome.

Let me know please.

Regards,

Dr M.

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : : Hi people. I am not so good with pascal programing so I need to ask for help here. I have to write a program for the next example:
    : :
    : : Whole number is symmetrical if is read from left to right, an from right to left.
    : : Number is almost symmetrical if there is a digit of that number with which deletion this number becomes symmetrical.
    : : Write a program which will: for given N (N less or equal 20) count how many almost symmetrical N-digit numbers are there.
    : : Time limit is 10 seconds.
    : : So if anybody can help me with this it would be great. Thank's forward
    : =====================================================================
    :
    : In which sense do you mean symmetrical?
    : As in a palindrome like>>
    :
    : 121 or 1221 etc?
    : or do you mean in a binary bit-wise sense?
    :
    : Do you mean where the length of the number is less than 20 digits?
    :
    : More info needed please.
    :
    : I guess you mean, up to 20 digits and that if a number is for example>>
    :
    : 1213 then deleting the 3 would make the number symmetrical, as in a palindrome.
    :
    : Let me know please.
    :
    : Regards,
    :
    : Dr M.
    :
    :
    This question has already been answered several times in the past. Search through this board and you'll find the code.