Perl script to parse Windows LNK files - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Perl script to parse Windows LNK files

linuxchimplinuxchimp Posts: 1Member
Hello,

I try to write PERL script in Linux to read Windows LNK files but no success. I search on GOOGLE for such a script, a reference, but have found nothing that furthers me.

Has anyone written script that can read Windows LNK (shortcut) files in Perl already?

regards,

LC

Comments

• KevinADCKevinADC Posts: 63Member
    : Hello,
    :
    : I try to write PERL script in Linux to read Windows LNK files but no success. I search on GOOGLE for such a script, a reference, but have found nothing that furthers me.
    :
    : Has anyone written script that can read Windows LNK (shortcut) files in Perl already?
    :
    : regards,
    :
    : LC
    :

what data are you hoping to read from the LNK files? They are binary files but there might be some parseable text in them . Have you looked at the Win32 family of modules? Maybe there is one:

http://search.cpan.org/search?query=win32&mode=all