Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Source Safe & Access

OdDjObOdDjOb Member Posts: 13
I'm working in an environment were 2 access database are being used. 1 front end and 1 back end. The problem is that only one programmer can work on access. I need something simaliar to Visual SourceSafe where we can check out code to make changes, in other words working at the same time on source code with control over the source code. Any ideas???

Comments

• splansingsplansing Member Posts: 140
    : I'm working in an environment were 2 access database are being used. 1 front end and 1 back end. The problem is that only one programmer can work on access. I need something simaliar to Visual SourceSafe where we can check out code to make changes, in other words working at the same time on source code with control over the source code. Any ideas???
    :
    I had the same problem, and we solved it by working on different areas of the program. We made sure that we never modified the same forms or queries, and then one of us had to export our work into the "master" copy at the end of the day. It's not good, but it works. You really have to be very careful not to overwrite each other's work, though.