Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Calling Access from vb.net application

paulmorrisonpaulmorrison Posts: 127Member
When running inside the Visual Studio program itself, the program runs fine: it opens Access, runs a report, and quits. When running just the EXE by itself, and I try to execute this code, I get errors like "LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Library/Access.EXE.". Like it can't find Access (and it should be using MsAccess. Any suggestions?

Comments

• paulmorrisonpaulmorrison Posts: 127Member
    : When running inside the Visual Studio program itself, the program runs fine: it opens Access, runs a report, and quits. When running just the EXE by itself, and I try to execute this code, I get errors like "LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Library/Access.EXE.". Like it can't find Access (and it should be using MsAccess. Any suggestions?
    :

I may have fixed this myself. I just added the Access.dll to the folder from which the executable was running. I suppose I should have created an installation project?