Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Editing data in datagrid or use FlexGrid or Infragistics.

paulmorrisonpaulmorrison Posts: 127Member
I would like to display some data in a grid and be able to edit and update this data. It seems using a datagrid is not an option unless someone can provide me some code examples for editing datagrid data. Then I see these third-party products such as Infragistics NetAdvantage 2005 and ComponentOne FlexGrid for .NET that seem to offer the ability to edit data in a datagrid. Does anyone have any experience with either of these products.

Comments

• vbnewbiejoepvbnewbiejoep Posts: 39Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by vbnewbiejoep at 2006-1-10 0:1:40[/red][/b][hr]
    : I would like to display some data in a grid and be able to edit and update this data. It seems using a datagrid is not an option unless someone can provide me some code examples for editing datagrid data. Then I see these third-party products such as Infragistics NetAdvantage 2005 and ComponentOne FlexGrid for .NET that seem to offer the ability to edit data in a datagrid. Does anyone have any experience with either of these products.
    :

Hi,

Yeah, i have experience with the Microsoft DataGrid and with the ComponentOne FlexGrid.
    Both are very annoying.
    As for the Datagrid, it is not possible to have links or butons or comboboxes in it DataGrid. With the FlexGrid you can, but that grid is very anoying too, becouse it lacks some primary functions.
    For example, the FlexGrid combolist (a combobox in the flexgird) cant be populated using [code]Flexgrid1.Cols(1).Combolist.Add(item)[/code]
    Only [code]Flexgrid1.Cols(1).Combolist = "item1|item2|item3"
    So i'm still looking for a way to populate the combolist with items from a combobox outside the flexgrid. And becouse i don't know the items in the combobox at designtime, i cant populatie the flexgrid combolist with it.[/code]

The DataGrid of Flexgrid are both nice tools, if they werent so crippeld.