Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

deployment

I wrote a small vb.net program that uses SMTP to send an email with an
attachment each day. After testing to make sure it worked, I added a
Deployment Package to the solution and rebuilt it under release mode; 2 projects were built, no errors. I have created deployment packages
before with no issues; however, this time when I tried to deploy my
program (by clicking on the .msi file in the release folder) nothing
was written out to the target folder, although the wizard said it was
successful. The .msi file was 83kb.

Along with the .msi file and the setup.exe and setup.ini files, 2 new
files that I haven't seen before were written to the deployment
project: InstMsiA.Exe and InstMsiW.Exe

Can anyone advise me?

Thank you.

Comments

• weiccoweicco Posts: 950Member

: Along with the .msi file and the setup.exe and setup.ini files, 2 new
    : files that I haven't seen before were written to the deployment
    : project: InstMsiA.Exe and InstMsiW.Exe

This have probably something to do how you add your program files to installation package. I don't have VS.NET right now so I can't give exact details but there should be somekind of dropdown-menu at the deployment project settings where you set how files are inserted and you have probably selected some other option than embedding them to .msi file.
  • LadyReaderLadyReader Posts: 2Member
    Thanks for the information! I will investigate further.

: : Along with the .msi file and the setup.exe and setup.ini files, 2 new
    : : files that I haven't seen before were written to the deployment
    : : project: InstMsiA.Exe and InstMsiW.Exe
    :
    : This have probably something to do how you add your program files to installation package. I don't have VS.NET right now so I can't give exact details but there should be somekind of dropdown-menu at the deployment project settings where you set how files are inserted and you have probably selected some other option than embedding them to .msi file.
    :