Sudoku Resolution Algorithm??? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Sudoku Resolution Algorithm???

casalcasal Posts: 1Member
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to solve a sudoku puzzle using a backtracking algorithm (any other way would be ok as well).

Any hints? Any code you could share??

So far i've managed to develop a function able to detect when only one number can fit into one slot, applying this function a few times, and filling the square with the only right number i get to a point where i have no more slots available where only just 1 number would fit.

So now, i need to apply a backtracking algorithm, trying to fill out with one of the 2 or more numbers that would fit the gap, if the number is OK, i can go on filling the following ones, if i get to a point where no more "moves" can be done, i must go back and change the previously wrongly guessed number and try with the next available one.

Well, basically thats the backtracking technic.

How can i translate that easy-to-say-code into java (c++ ok too) code ??

:-)

I would appreciate if someone could help out.

I can share my code with others, could be helpful, just ask.

Comments

• MarblexMarblex Posts: 1Member
    Let me see!
  • kulandaikulandai Posts: 1Member
    : Hi,
    :
    : I'm trying to figure out how to solve a sudoku puzzle using a backtracking algorithm (any other way would be ok as well).
    :
    :
    : Any hints? Any code you could share??
    :
    : So far i've managed to develop a function able to detect when only one number can fit into one slot, applying this function a few times, and filling the square with the only right number i get to a point where i have no more slots available where only just 1 number would fit.
    :
    : So now, i need to apply a backtracking algorithm, trying to fill out with one of the 2 or more numbers that would fit the gap, if the number is OK, i can go on filling the following ones, if i get to a point where no more "moves" can be done, i must go back and change the previously wrongly guessed number and try with the next available one.
    :
    : Well, basically thats the backtracking technic.
    :
    : How can i translate that easy-to-say-code into java (c++ ok too) code ??
    :
    :
    : :-)
    :
    : I would appreciate if someone could help out.
    :
    : I can share my code with others, could be helpful, just ask.
    :
    Check for solution: http://kulandai.blogspot.com/2006/10/sudoku-puzzle-java-source.html