Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Can I use Access+VB software on my network (LAN)?

I created a small database using msaccess and VB for an elementary school. I need to share this programme so that other staff using the LAN environment on a different room can have access to the database. Is there anyway I can do this, need suggestion and help very much.

The program works fine on standalone. I heard about SQL server but I am little bit out of this. Good suggestion and ideas need very much here.

Thank you.

Zela

Comments

• GogiGogi Member Posts: 258
    : I created a small database using msaccess and VB for an elementary school. I need to share this programme so that other staff using the LAN environment on a different room can have access to the database. Is there anyway I can do this, need suggestion and help very much.
    :
    : The program works fine on standalone. I heard about SQL server but I am little bit out of this. Good suggestion and ideas need very much here.
    :
    : Thank you.
    :
    : Zela
    :
    :

I would sugesst that you try MSDE 2000 or SQL Express 2005.
    They are not hard to use,and they're free. :)

• zaib_awanzaib_awan Member Posts: 9
    : : I created a small database using msaccess and VB for an elementary school. I need to share this programme so that other staff using the LAN environment on a different room can have access to the database. Is there anyway I can do this, need suggestion and help very much.
    : :
    : : The program works fine on standalone. I heard about SQL server but I am little bit out of this. Good suggestion and ideas need very much here.
    : : Thank you.
    : : Zela
    :
    : I would sugesst that you try MSDE 2000 or SQL Express 2005.
    : They are not hard to use,and they're free. :)
    :
    :

Use This.
    Share Database on stand alone computer.
    and Map drive to an other computer.
    Place the Path of DB from an Other Computer.
    Like \ServerDatabaseabc.mdb