Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Auto Upload Log files into SQL Server database

beginner2006beginner2006 Member Posts: 2
Hi Everyone,

I hope someone can make my life easier in the following scenario.

Currently we have a database, which stores call data, which is provided by a third party and it is SQL Server based. Unfortunately we do not have direct acces to the data on the SQL Server database instead we are provided with daily log file and 15 minute log files as text files from the Database. At present we upload the data manually to process it into an Access database or SQL Server database. This is very time consuming and annoying and I would like to know if anyone can me with a way of autmatically uploading the log/txt files into an Access or MS SQL Server database. I have some knowledge of VB, VB.NET and Java. All log files are automatically dumped every 15 minutes and we have acces via FTP to the files as the server is located remotely.

I would be very greatful if someone could help me with this problem, either by code or if someone knows of an application I can find on the internet to help with this.

Thanks in advance.