New to VB.NET-What to do now? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New to VB.NET-What to do now?

n00b67n00b67 Posts: 2Member
I am relatively new to visual basic .net. I have done most of the tutorials in a big book that I got, and have no experience in web programming. I'm wondering what I should do next. Can anyone help me out?

Comments

• apenticoffapenticoff Posts: 63Member
    : I am relatively new to visual basic .net. I have done most of the tutorials in a big book that I got, and have no experience in web programming. I'm wondering what I should do next. Can anyone help me out?
    :
    I have been Programing for over 30 years and have found that there is no better way to learn then to devise a project and program it. It is almost better to do a Non-paid project as you can start out simple and expand from there. Make a simple web page such as Al's Used Car Emporium. Keep this simple with just some text and a couple of pictures. From there, add links to other pages that calculate car payments, allow a search by price or make, let the user make a bid on a car, or any thing else you can think of. You will be surprised how this teaches you and prepares you for an actual assignment.
  • n00b67n00b67 Posts: 2Member
    : : I am relatively new to visual basic .net. I have done most of the tutorials in a big book that I got, and have no experience in web programming. I'm wondering what I should do next. Can anyone help me out?
    : :
    : I have been Programing for over 30 years and have found that there is no better way to learn then to devise a project and program it. It is almost better to do a Non-paid project as you can start out simple and expand from there. Make a simple web page such as Al's Used Car Emporium. Keep this simple with just some text and a couple of pictures. From there, add links to other pages that calculate car payments, allow a search by price or make, let the user make a bid on a car, or any thing else you can think of. You will be surprised how this teaches you and prepares you for an actual assignment.
    :
    Thanks. I'll try that.