Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Displaying Querie results from multiple tables in a form

memesmithmemesmith Member Posts: 1
I have a form I am using to Edit records from two joined table records.
If it finds a match in the second table it works fine. I want to use a copy of the form to add new records to the second table. The first table has the master data for the station, the second one holds data collected about each station. I want the information from the master table shown on the form and the default data for the data information held in the second table shown, then the user can update any information that is necessary and the record will be added to the second table. I have a query that pulls the info with a subdatasheet for the second table. I cannot figure out how to get the information from the two queries to display on the form. Any ideas??? All help will be appreciated.

When it finds a match the record is appended to a temp table and displayed in the edit form.

Here is the query I am using for the lookup for the add form:

SELECT DISTINCTROW [Meter_Master_ List].CustomerID, [Meter_Master_ List].CustomerName, [Meter_Master_ List].FieldNumber, [Meter_Master_ List].FieldName, [Meter_Master_ List].Station, [Meter_Master_ List].LeaseName, *
FROM [Meter_Master_ List]
WHERE ((([Meter_Master_ List].CustomerID) Like [Enter CustomerID]) AND (([Meter_Master_ List].FieldNumber) Like [Enter FieldNumber]) AND (([Meter_Master_ List].Station) Like [Enter Station Number]));

There is a subdatasheet that pulls information from the Meter Data table. The query runs and displays the dataview forms with both records. How do I merge the two datasheets and append to the temp table? Or is there a better way to do this?