Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Put an object in the middle of the form

porodoroporodoro Posts: 230Member
[b][red]This message was edited by porodoro at 2006-1-3 7:9:28[/red][/b][hr]
[b][red]This message was edited by porodoro at 2006-1-3 7:8:50[/red][/b][hr]
I've tryed this :

Panel1.top := (form1.Height - form1.height) + panel1.height div panel1.Height+form1.top;
panel1.left := (form1.width - form1.width) +form1.width div panel1.width ;

but it doesnt seem to work in all cases..

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : [b][red]This message was edited by porodoro at 2006-1-3 7:9:28[/red][/b][hr]
    : [b][red]This message was edited by porodoro at 2006-1-3 7:8:50[/red][/b][hr]
    : I've tryed this :
    :
    : Panel1.top := (form1.Height - form1.height) + panel1.height div panel1.Height+form1.top;
    : panel1.left := (form1.width - form1.width) +form1.width div panel1.width ;
    :
    :
    : but it doesnt seem to work in all cases..
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    The formula for the middle is:
    [code]
    Panel1.Left := (Form1.ClientWidth div 2) - (Panel1.Width div 2);
    [/code]
    Your formula is this:
    [code]
    panel1.left := 0+form1.width div panel1.width;
    [/code]
    since Form1.Width - Form1.Width = 0 for every value in Width. Also the Top and Left of controls are relative to the top-left corner of the form.
  • porodoroporodoro Posts: 230Member
    Thanks ;).
    and thats for the top (Y):

panel1.top:= (Form1.Clientheight div 2) - (Panel1.height div 2);
  • jobromediajobromedia Posts: 168Member
    : Thanks ;).
    : and thats for the top (Y):
    :
    : panel1.top:= (Form1.Clientheight div 2) - (Panel1.height div 2);
    :
    Hi, may I add a suggestion?

JEDI JVCL has a form scale component that will automatically scale the form you have done, so the component will not only be placed in the middle, but also resized propotional to the form.
  • porodoroporodoro Posts: 230Member
    : : Thanks ;).
    : : and thats for the top (Y):
    : :
    : : panel1.top:= (Form1.Clientheight div 2) - (Panel1.height div 2);
    : :
    : Hi, may I add a suggestion?
    :
    : JEDI JVCL has a form scale component that will automatically scale the form you have done, so the component will not only be placed in the middle, but also resized propotional to the form.
    :
    i'll have it in mind.