Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

SEARCH

how can i search a database and display the found record in a database grid without using combobox or lookup. The data found should be editable

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    : how can i search a database and display the found record in a database grid without using combobox or lookup. The data found should be editable
    :
    You can use SQL to do the searching. The easiest way to code this is to change the TTable into a TQuery component. I don't know any SQL so I cannot help you there, but there is a SQL board on this site.
  • sziszi81sziszi81 Member Posts: 80
    : : how can i search a database and display the found record in a database grid without using combobox or lookup. The data found should be editable
    : :
    : You can use SQL to do the searching. The easiest way to code this is to change the TTable into a TQuery component. I don't know any SQL so I cannot help you there, but there is a SQL board on this site.
    :

wow i'm pretty shocked now. Zibadian you are the most pro on this site and you can't SQL? Okay i'm sure, you must know million other things in other ares, but SQL is pretty basic too, isn't it?

• zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    : : : how can i search a database and display the found record in a database grid without using combobox or lookup. The data found should be editable
    : : :
    : : You can use SQL to do the searching. The easiest way to code this is to change the TTable into a TQuery component. I don't know any SQL so I cannot help you there, but there is a SQL board on this site.
    : :
    :
    : wow i'm pretty shocked now. Zibadian you are the most pro on this site and you can't SQL? Okay i'm sure, you must know million other things in other ares, but SQL is pretty basic too, isn't it?
    :
    I'm not a pro Delphi programmer, but I don't do that much database programming. And if I need to write a database program, then portability or speed is very important. A dedicated dabase is always faster than a database written in an interpreted language, hence I never took the time to learn SQL (or the other database components).
    SQL is pretty basic, and I do know a little of it. But it's certainly not enough to help people with it.