a real noob in perl needs help

hi

i just started learning perl. so i wrote a program test.pl which generates a form. i have saved the file on a server (it supports perl) in public_html. now when i enter the address in browser, i dont see the form. but i can see the other html documents in the folder.

how do i see the form generated by the perl?

Comments

• : hi
    :
    : i just started learning perl. so i wrote a program test.pl which generates a form. i have saved the file on a server (it supports perl) in public_html. now when i enter the address in browser, i dont see the form. but i can see the other html documents in the folder.
    :
    : how do i see the form generated by the perl?
    :

most servers require that you store perl scripts in the cgi-bin folder.
  • man after so much of trouble. i thought screw the server lets have my own :) i use xampp and after half hour i was testing my script on it.

you are right though that they need to be in cgi-bin. but for some reason even that did not work for me.

in any case i think its more of server related or my perl path is not correct. (i think it must be the path which is incorrect.)

but thanks for your help man.