connection string to MSDE database - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

connection string to MSDE database

tpadhutpadhu Posts: 43Member
Hi,

I'm developing smart device application in VB.NET.

I couldn't make the connection with MSDE.

I used the following connection string.

myConnection = "server=10.0.0.8;Integrated Security=SSPI;User ID=sa;Initial Catalog=Example;Data Source=PPLSQLSERVER;Trusted_Connection=yes;"

MSDE is on the same machine where i'm developing my apps. & testing the result with emulator. (NOt using RDA or Replication).Simply using ADO.NET commands to select a table from MSDE engine.

Please help me to solve this. I need it urgently.

Note:
1) Windows apps working well with this connection string.

Thank You.

Comments

• rlcrlc Posts: 448Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by rlc at 2006-1-3 6:32:21[/red][/b][hr]
    opps ... no coffee yet.
  • rlcrlc Posts: 448Member
    : : myConnection = "server=10.0.0.8;Integrated Security=SSPI;User ID=sa;Initial Catalog=Example;Data Source=PPLSQLSERVER;Trusted_Connection=yes;"

Try this...

myConnection="SERVER=10.0.0.8;DATABASE=Example;Integrated Security=SSPI;"

Test your connection with OSQL to verify the information. Make sure ifyou have a instance name it is appended after the server name '10.0.0.8myInstance'.

~rlc