Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

What Database Do I Need?

successfirstsuccessfirst Member Posts: 3
Hi, I need a php script written but I'm not sure what type of database I need and how many databases the script will require. I was wondering if anyone knows.

I need a script that does the following:

1. Has a few form fields (Full Name, Address, City... etc) and a few drop boxes.

2. When the form is submitted it writes the data into a xls file.

3. Every time the script is run a unique id (number) should be generated and written into the xls file together with the rest of the data.

4. Verifies that the telephone number matches the state when the form is submitted, otherwise it will return a error message.

5. Every time the form is submitted, it overwrites the existing xls file and combines the data in one file.

6. It saves the ip, date, time, and URL.

Regards,
Brandon

Comments

• daviestrachandaviestrachan Member Posts: 26
    Hi
    if you need to use php the obvious database is MySQL.
    the only problem is to write MySQL data to Exel involves creating a intermediate file type (normally comma delimited}to import into Excel.
    This is fairly easy if you are used to this.
    The easier way is probably using microsofts asp/net technology.
    If you want to go down the PHP/MySQL route ,I can help
    Regards Davie
    : Hi, I need a php script written but I'm not sure what type of database I need and how many databases the script will require. I was wondering if anyone knows.
    :
    : I need a script that does the following:
    :
    : 1. Has a few form fields (Full Name, Address, City... etc) and a few drop boxes.
    :
    : 2. When the form is submitted it writes the data into a xls file.
    :
    : 3. Every time the script is run a unique id (number) should be generated and written into the xls file together with the rest of the data.
    :
    : 4. Verifies that the telephone number matches the state when the form is submitted, otherwise it will return a error message.
    :
    : 5. Every time the form is submitted, it overwrites the existing xls file and combines the data in one file.
    :
    : 6. It saves the ip, date, time, and URL.
    :
    : Regards,
    : Brandon
    :