WinXP waiting progressbar - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

WinXP waiting progressbar

Hi again!

1. How can I modify a Progressbar so it acts like a progressbar where the estimated time isn't known?

2. How can I create small popup forms la Messenger style?

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Hi again!
    :
    : 1. How can I modify a Progressbar so it acts like a progressbar where the estimated time isn't known?
    :
    : 2. How can I create small popup forms la Messenger style?
    :
    1. Increase the Max whenever it is necessary. For example: During a move/copy action the explorer increases the Max with the number of files in each directory as it starts with that directory.

2. Don't know.
  • jobromediajobromedia Posts: 168Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by jobromedia at 2005-12-22 21:16:25[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Hi again!
    : :
    : : 1. How can I modify a Progressbar so it acts like a progressbar where the estimated time isn't known?
    : : 2. How can I create small popup forms la Messenger style?
    : 1. Increase the Max whenever it is necessary. For example: During a move/copy action the explorer increases the Max with the number of files in each directory as it starts with that directory.
    :
    : 2. Don't know.
    :
    Ah yes, that's one version. But as you see the progressbar's left side isn't emptied. Connect a USB hd to your system or load a cd with alot of files on it, as the cd's scanned the progressbar highlights some steps at the time, not from 1 through n%, but rather from say m% to n% ie. 5% - 10% at the time. That's what I want to do.

Here is a picture of it:

http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1BO8LM5T2GETY1QIUYWC6KHM9S

: [b][red]This message was edited by jobromedia at 2005-12-22 21:16:25[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : Hi again!
    : : :
    : : : 1. How can I modify a Progressbar so it acts like a progressbar where the estimated time isn't known?
    : : : 2. How can I create small popup forms la Messenger style?
    : : 1. Increase the Max whenever it is necessary. For example: During a move/copy action the explorer increases the Max with the number of files in each directory as it starts with that directory.
    : : 2. Don't know.
    : Ah yes, that's one version. But as you see the progressbar's left side isn't emptied. Connect a USB hd to your system or load a cd with alot of files on it, as the cd's scanned the progressbar highlights some steps at the time, not from 1 through n%, but rather from say m% to n% ie. 5% - 10% at the time. That's what I want to do.
    :
    : Here is a picture of it:
    :
    : http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1BO8LM5T2GETY1QIUYWC6KHM9S
    :
    :
    :
    You can use the StepBy() method to indicate how much it should step. For even more control, you can also use the Position to change the position.
  • netgertnetgert Posts: 331Member
    : : [b][red]This message was edited by jobromedia at 2005-12-22 21:16:25[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : Hi again!
    : : : :
    : : : : 1. How can I modify a Progressbar so it acts like a progressbar where the estimated time isn't known?
    : : : : 2. How can I create small popup forms la Messenger style?
    : : : 1. Increase the Max whenever it is necessary. For example: During a move/copy action the explorer increases the Max with the number of files in each directory as it starts with that directory.
    : : : 2. Don't know.
    : : Ah yes, that's one version. But as you see the progressbar's left side isn't emptied. Connect a USB hd to your system or load a cd with alot of files on it, as the cd's scanned the progressbar highlights some steps at the time, not from 1 through n%, but rather from say m% to n% ie. 5% - 10% at the time. That's what I want to do.
    : : Here is a picture of it:
    : : http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1BO8LM5T2GETY1QIUYWC6KHM9S
    : You can use the StepBy() method to indicate how much it should step. For even more control, you can also use the Position to change the position.
    :

StepBy() will inrease the value of the TProgressBar - the right side of the bar.. I have had problems with this myself, I used some other animation (in console apps the |/- character sequence is popular, to give an illusion a bar is rotating) - because, after all, this is just an animation to show the program hasn't hung yet :)
    [hr][red][italic][b]N[/b][/red][blue]et[/blue][red][b]G[/b][/red][blue]ert[/italic][/blue][hr]

• jobromediajobromedia Posts: 168Member
    : : : [b][red]This message was edited by jobromedia at 2005-12-22 21:16:25[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : Hi again!
    : : : : :
    : : : : : 1. How can I modify a Progressbar so it acts like a progressbar where the estimated time isn't known?
    : : : : : 2. How can I create small popup forms la Messenger style?
    : : : : 1. Increase the Max whenever it is necessary. For example: During a move/copy action the explorer increases the Max with the number of files in each directory as it starts with that directory.
    : : : : 2. Don't know.
    : : : Ah yes, that's one version. But as you see the progressbar's left side isn't emptied. Connect a USB hd to your system or load a cd with alot of files on it, as the cd's scanned the progressbar highlights some steps at the time, not from 1 through n%, but rather from say m% to n% ie. 5% - 10% at the time. That's what I want to do.
    : : : Here is a picture of it:
    : : : http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1BO8LM5T2GETY1QIUYWC6KHM9S
    : : You can use the StepBy() method to indicate how much it should step. For even more control, you can also use the Position to change the position.
    :
    : StepBy() will inrease the value of the TProgressBar - the right side of the bar.. I have had problems with this myself, I used some other animation (in console apps the |/- character sequence is popular, to give an illusion a bar is rotating) - because, after all, this is just an animation to show the program hasn't hung yet :)
    : [hr][red][italic][b]N[/b][/red][blue]et[/blue][red][b]G[/b][/red][blue]ert[/italic][/blue][hr]
    :
    :
    So you say it is an animation huh?

What name is it under? Can one use it with the TAnimator?
    : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by jobromedia at 2005-12-22 21:16:25[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : : Hi again!
    : : : : : :
    : : : : : : 1. How can I modify a Progressbar so it acts like a progressbar where the estimated time isn't known?
    : : : : : : 2. How can I create small popup forms la Messenger style?
    : : : : : 1. Increase the Max whenever it is necessary. For example: During a move/copy action the explorer increases the Max with the number of files in each directory as it starts with that directory.
    : : : : : 2. Don't know.
    : : : : Ah yes, that's one version. But as you see the progressbar's left side isn't emptied. Connect a USB hd to your system or load a cd with alot of files on it, as the cd's scanned the progressbar highlights some steps at the time, not from 1 through n%, but rather from say m% to n% ie. 5% - 10% at the time. That's what I want to do.
    : : : : Here is a picture of it:
    : : : : http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1BO8LM5T2GETY1QIUYWC6KHM9S
    : : : You can use the StepBy() method to indicate how much it should step. For even more control, you can also use the Position to change the position.
    : : StepBy() will inrease the value of the TProgressBar - the right side of the bar.. I have had problems with this myself, I used some other animation (in console apps the |/- character sequence is popular, to give an illusion a bar is rotating) - because, after all, this is just an animation to show the program hasn't hung yet :)
    : : [hr][red][italic][b]N[/b][/red][blue]et[/blue][red][b]G[/b][/red][blue]ert[/italic][/blue][hr]
    : So you say it is an animation huh?
    :
    : What name is it under? Can one use it with the TAnimator?
    :
    You could use the TAnimate, but also the TMediaPlayer, TPaintBox, TImage, or an appropriate 3rd-party component.