WinXP waiting progressbar - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

WinXP waiting progressbar

Hi again!

1. How can I modify a Progressbar so it acts like a progressbar where the estimated time isn't known?

2. How can I create small popup forms la Messenger style?

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Hi again!
    :
    : 1. How can I modify a Progressbar so it acts like a progressbar where the estimated time isn't known?
    :
    : 2. How can I create small popup forms la Messenger style?
    :
    1. Increase the Max whenever it is necessary. For example: During a move/copy action the explorer increases the Max with the number of files in each directory as it starts with that directory.

2. Don't know.
  • jobromediajobromedia Posts: 168Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by jobromedia at 2005-12-22 21:16:25[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Hi again!
    : :
    : : 1. How can I modify a Progressbar so it acts like a progressbar where the estimated time isn't known?
    : : 2. How can I create small popup forms la Messenger style?
    : 1. Increase the Max whenever it is necessary. For example: During a move/copy action the explorer increases the Max with the number of files in each directory as it starts with that directory.
    :
    : 2. Don't know.
    :
    Ah yes, that's one version. But as you see the progressbar's left side isn't emptied. Connect a USB hd to your system or load a cd with alot of files on it, as the cd's scanned the progressbar highlights some steps at the time, not from 1 through n%, but rather from say m% to n% ie. 5% - 10% at the time. That's what I want to do.

Here is a picture of it:

http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1BO8LM5T2GETY1QIUYWC6KHM9S

: [b][red]This message was edited by jobromedia at 2005-12-22 21:16:25[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : Hi again!
    : : :
    : : : 1. How can I modify a Progressbar so it acts like a progressbar where the estimated time isn't known?
    : : : 2. How can I create small popup forms la Messenger style?
    : : 1. Increase the Max whenever it is necessary. For example: During a move/copy action the explorer increases the Max with the number of files in each directory as it starts with that directory.
    : : 2. Don't know.
    : Ah yes, that's one version. But as you see the progressbar's left side isn't emptied. Connect a USB hd to your system or load a cd with alot of files on it, as the cd's scanned the progressbar highlights some steps at the time, not from 1 through n%, but rather from say m% to n% ie. 5% - 10% at the time. That's what I want to do.
    :
    : Here is a picture of it:
    :
    : http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1BO8LM5T2GETY1QIUYWC6KHM9S
    :
    :
    :
    You can use the StepBy() method to indicate how much it should step. For even more control, you can also use the Position to change the position.
  • netgertnetgert Posts: 331Member
    : : [b][red]This message was edited by jobromedia at 2005-12-22 21:16:25[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : Hi again!
    : : : :
    : : : : 1. How can I modify a Progressbar so it acts like a progressbar where the estimated time isn't known?
    : : : : 2. How can I create small popup forms la Messenger style?
    : : : 1. Increase the Max whenever it is necessary. For example: During a move/copy action the explorer increases the Max with the number of files in each directory as it starts with that directory.
    : : : 2. Don't know.
    : : Ah yes, that's one version. But as you see the progressbar's left side isn't emptied. Connect a USB hd to your system or load a cd with alot of files on it, as the cd's scanned the progressbar highlights some steps at the time, not from 1 through n%, but rather from say m% to n% ie. 5% - 10% at the time. That's what I want to do.
    : : Here is a picture of it:
    : : http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1BO8LM5T2GETY1QIUYWC6KHM9S
    : You can use the StepBy() method to indicate how much it should step. For even more control, you can also use the Position to change the position.
    :

StepBy() will inrease the value of the TProgressBar - the right side of the bar.. I have had problems with this myself, I used some other animation (in console apps the |/- character sequence is popular, to give an illusion a bar is rotating) - because, after all, this is just an animation to show the program hasn't hung yet :)
    [hr][red][italic][b]N[/b][/red][blue]et[/blue][red][b]G[/b][/red][blue]ert[/italic][/blue][hr]

• jobromediajobromedia Posts: 168Member
    : : : [b][red]This message was edited by jobromedia at 2005-12-22 21:16:25[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : Hi again!
    : : : : :
    : : : : : 1. How can I modify a Progressbar so it acts like a progressbar where the estimated time isn't known?
    : : : : : 2. How can I create small popup forms la Messenger style?
    : : : : 1. Increase the Max whenever it is necessary. For example: During a move/copy action the explorer increases the Max with the number of files in each directory as it starts with that directory.
    : : : : 2. Don't know.
    : : : Ah yes, that's one version. But as you see the progressbar's left side isn't emptied. Connect a USB hd to your system or load a cd with alot of files on it, as the cd's scanned the progressbar highlights some steps at the time, not from 1 through n%, but rather from say m% to n% ie. 5% - 10% at the time. That's what I want to do.
    : : : Here is a picture of it:
    : : : http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1BO8LM5T2GETY1QIUYWC6KHM9S
    : : You can use the StepBy() method to indicate how much it should step. For even more control, you can also use the Position to change the position.
    :
    : StepBy() will inrease the value of the TProgressBar - the right side of the bar.. I have had problems with this myself, I used some other animation (in console apps the |/- character sequence is popular, to give an illusion a bar is rotating) - because, after all, this is just an animation to show the program hasn't hung yet :)
    : [hr][red][italic][b]N[/b][/red][blue]et[/blue][red][b]G[/b][/red][blue]ert[/italic][/blue][hr]
    :
    :
    So you say it is an animation huh?

What name is it under? Can one use it with the TAnimator?
    : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by jobromedia at 2005-12-22 21:16:25[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : : Hi again!
    : : : : : :
    : : : : : : 1. How can I modify a Progressbar so it acts like a progressbar where the estimated time isn't known?
    : : : : : : 2. How can I create small popup forms la Messenger style?
    : : : : : 1. Increase the Max whenever it is necessary. For example: During a move/copy action the explorer increases the Max with the number of files in each directory as it starts with that directory.
    : : : : : 2. Don't know.
    : : : : Ah yes, that's one version. But as you see the progressbar's left side isn't emptied. Connect a USB hd to your system or load a cd with alot of files on it, as the cd's scanned the progressbar highlights some steps at the time, not from 1 through n%, but rather from say m% to n% ie. 5% - 10% at the time. That's what I want to do.
    : : : : Here is a picture of it:
    : : : : http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1BO8LM5T2GETY1QIUYWC6KHM9S
    : : : You can use the StepBy() method to indicate how much it should step. For even more control, you can also use the Position to change the position.
    : : StepBy() will inrease the value of the TProgressBar - the right side of the bar.. I have had problems with this myself, I used some other animation (in console apps the |/- character sequence is popular, to give an illusion a bar is rotating) - because, after all, this is just an animation to show the program hasn't hung yet :)
    : : [hr][red][italic][b]N[/b][/red][blue]et[/blue][red][b]G[/b][/red][blue]ert[/italic][/blue][hr]
    : So you say it is an animation huh?
    :
    : What name is it under? Can one use it with the TAnimator?
    :
    You could use the TAnimate, but also the TMediaPlayer, TPaintBox, TImage, or an appropriate 3rd-party component.