Getting the build date - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Getting the build date

Is there any way to get the build date from the application?

Also, is there any way to get the size, lines in code etc that you can find in Delphi for programmatic use?

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Is there any way to get the build date from the application?
    :
    : Also, is there any way to get the size, lines in code etc that you can find in Delphi for programmatic use?
    :
    As far as I know there is standard feature to get the build date. You could however write code, which stores the first-run-date in the executable. This way you have the first-run-date inside any compiled program. This could easily be used as a build date.
    As for the size and lines in the source code, these must also be inserted into the compiled program. There is absolutely no way to "de-compile" the executable back to the source code and thus get the size and line number of the source code. On a side note, what use can a user have in knowing that the program was n lines of source code in length?
  • jobromediajobromedia Posts: 168Member
    : : Is there any way to get the build date from the application?
    : :
    : : Also, is there any way to get the size, lines in code etc that you can find in Delphi for programmatic use?
    : :
    : As far as I know there is standard feature to get the build date. You could however write code, which stores the first-run-date in the executable. This way you have the first-run-date inside any compiled program. This could easily be used as a build date.

How could this be done? I have no knowledge of such programming.

: As for the size and lines in the source code, these must also be inserted into the compiled program. There is absolutely no way to "de-compile" the executable back to the source code and thus get the size and line number of the source code.

Ok I understand.

: On a side note, what use can a user have in knowing that the program was n lines of source code in length?

Nah just curiosa about the lines used, mainly for the numberfreaks outthere. :D