Display a photo in a ListBox??? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Display a photo in a ListBox???

Hello,

Anybody know if it is possible to display an image (photograph) as a background in a listbox? I tried loading an image to an image component and placing the component over the Listbox. The Image was set to Transparent:=True but this did nothing. I would like to be able to use a photograph as a Listbox background but have it dimmed so it doesn't interfere with viewing the items in the Listbox. If anybody has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Guy

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Hello,
    :
    : Anybody know if it is possible to display an image (photograph) as a background in a listbox? I tried loading an image to an image component and placing the component over the Listbox. The Image was set to Transparent:=True but this did nothing. I would like to be able to use a photograph as a Listbox background but have it dimmed so it doesn't interfere with viewing the items in the Listbox. If anybody has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it.
    :
    : Thanks,
    :
    : Guy
    :
    :
    Try painting the image on the TListBox.Canvas. You might need to assign an event to the OnDrawItem() for it to work correctly.
  • guybryantguybryant Posts: 2Member
    : : Hello,
    : :
    : : Anybody know if it is possible to display an image (photograph) as a background in a listbox? I tried loading an image to an image component and placing the component over the Listbox. The Image was set to Transparent:=True but this did nothing. I would like to be able to use a photograph as a Listbox background but have it dimmed so it doesn't interfere with viewing the items in the Listbox. If anybody has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it.
    : : Thanks,
    : : Guy
    : Try painting the image on the TListBox.Canvas. You might need to assign an event to the OnDrawItem() for it to work correctly.
    :

Well I tried this and it sort of worked. Some problems were:
    1) No photo if the list box is empty. The photo will only show on lines in the list box. If the list box is 1/2 full only 1/2 picture shows.
    2) Don't know how to make the photo dim - it is bright and almost obscures the items in the list box.
    Any Suggestions out there?
    Thanks in advance if you have any ideas.
    Guy