TTcpClient.Sendbuf does not work with modem. - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

TTcpClient.Sendbuf does not work with modem.

softmansoftman Posts: 157Member
Hi!

I have to move a binary data between two computers. I developed the application, and tested on a local network. Everithing works fine. But when someone use a standard analog modem, the transfer hangs when the client app sends the data with "TcpClient.SendBuf(buff,toread,0);"
The server app waits for data, but nothing arrives.
Also tried Indy TidTCPClient with SendStram, and also with SendBuff but all of them failed. Always the same result, with hanging on waiting for data, but in the lan area all worked fine.

If some of you met any similar problem, please share me your expiriences.

By, Have a good day
SoftMan

Comments

• CyGuyCyGuy Posts: 312Member
    : Hi!
    :
    : I have to move a binary data between two computers. I developed the application, and tested on a local network. Everithing works fine. But when someone use a standard analog modem, the transfer hangs when the client app sends the data with "TcpClient.SendBuf(buff,toread,0);"
    : The server app waits for data, but nothing arrives.
    : Also tried Indy TidTCPClient with SendStram, and also with SendBuff but all of them failed. Always the same result, with hanging on waiting for data, but in the lan area all worked fine.
    :
    :
    : If some of you met any similar problem, please share me your expiriences.
    :
    : By, Have a good day
    : SoftMan
    :
    I have seen this problem before. It is a baud rate setting that must be changed. Unfortunatly I know nothing of Delphi and little Pascal, but this would be a start.
  • softmansoftman Posts: 157Member
    Thanks I'll take a try

Softman
    : : Hi!
    : :
    : : I have to move a binary data between two computers. I developed the application, and tested on a local network. Everithing works fine. But when someone use a standard analog modem, the transfer hangs when the client app sends the data with "TcpClient.SendBuf(buff,toread,0);"
    : : The server app waits for data, but nothing arrives.
    : : Also tried Indy TidTCPClient with SendStram, and also with SendBuff but all of them failed. Always the same result, with hanging on waiting for data, but in the lan area all worked fine.
    : : If some of you met any similar problem, please share me your expiriences.
    : : By, Have a good day
    : : SoftMan
    : I have seen this problem before. It is a baud rate setting that must be changed. Unfortunatly I know nothing of Delphi and little Pascal, but this would be a start.
    :