Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Listing EXEs / applications in Windows

Hi,

i'm wondering if someone can help. In my application, i would like to be able to list all main applications (showing their associated icons) on a user's computer into a ListBox or ComboBox component and have it so the user can click on the particular listed application to launch it.

"application" can mean either the applications that are found and listed by the Windows "Open with" dialog box (but i do *not* want to launch the "open with" dialog), or perhaps a list of the programs as listed by the Start/Program menu and/or the icons on a user's desktop.

Are there any Delphi components able to do this? Does anyone know how to do this and is willing to share some example code?

Please note that i'm aware of other components that are good for Uninstall, which are derived from the registry's Uninstall key, but they do not list all the actuall applications. For example, listing Uninstall applications will show Microsoft Office but not Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc., so this is not useful.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.