A Project - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

A Project

jonybasicjonybasic Posts: 21Member
hey IDK, yeah, I havn't been in here in a while, I wanted to tell anyone who would like to know, all the things I'm asking are for a game I'm working on in QB45, it's going really great.
I have a web site up so you can see screen shots and download the game as it is so far, if you wish.
www.freewebs.com/jony_basic/index.htm

I have another question, I tried to get relative paths to work, and it seems to be a problem, basicly I went like.
DIR$ = "C:Soa" '<--- before
DIR$ = "" '<--- after

OPEN DIR$ + filename$ + ".jif" FOR INPUT AS #1

am I doing something wrong?

also, I am making the world in my game very large, so if anyone wishes to help out with maps, sprite drawing, or even story design, contact me in my member mail, or at jony_basic@yahoo.com

Comments

• IDKIDK Posts: 1,784Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by IDK at 2005-12-18 13:32:22[/red][/b][hr]
    : hey IDK, yeah, I havn't been in here in a while, I wanted to tell anyone who would like to know, all the things I'm asking are for a game I'm working on in QB45, it's going really great.
    : I have a web site up so you can see screen shots and download the game as it is so far, if you wish.
    : www.freewebs.com/jony_basic/index.htm
    :
    It looks really cool, almost like some game in the early zelda series.

: I have another question, I tried to get relative paths to work, and it seems to be a problem, basicly I went like.
    : DIR$ = "C:Soa" '<--- before
    : DIR$ = "" '<--- after
    :
    : OPEN DIR$ + filename$ + ".jif" FOR INPUT AS #1
    :
    : am I doing something wrong?
    :
    No, as long as your in the right directory it should work.

: also, I am making the world in my game very large, so if anyone wishes to help out with maps, sprite drawing, or even story design, contact me in my member mail, or at jony_basic@yahoo.com

I'm making a game on my own. I'm working on the fysics engine now. Later i could make the graphics engine, but I don't know how to do it. And I have no storyline or anything. I acctually only got the fysics engine and some lines.
    It's a seabattle stategy game.

EDIT: I downlaoded your program, and change the dir line to:
    [code]
    CHDIR "C:asicsoa"
    dir$ = ""
    [/code]

It works.
    But when you compile, remove the chdir.
    Now I'm gonna play your game...