create dll calling an exe - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

create dll calling an exe

giotisgiotis Posts: 4Member
I create an opengl form and i want to find a way to call it from a VB application.How can i do that?I think that i have to make a dll file but i know nothing about them!Does anyone know how to do that?
Thanks!!!

Comments

• YevgenyEfterYevgenyEfter Posts: 76Member
    : I create an opengl form and i want to find a way to call it from a VB application.How can i do that?I think that i have to make a dll file but i know nothing about them!Does anyone know how to do that?
    : Thanks!!!
    :
    :

You have to create a Class Library project, then when you compile it, you get a DLL instead of EXE.

Yevgeny.
  • giotisgiotis Posts: 4Member
    : : I create an opengl form and i want to find a way to call it from a VB application.How can i do that?I think that i have to make a dll file but i know nothing about them!Does anyone know how to do that?
    : : Thanks!!!
    : :
    : :
    :
    : You have to create a Class Library project, then when you compile it, you get a DLL instead of EXE.
    :
    : Yevgeny.
    :
    Well now my main problem is if i create my dll i can't call my opengl form from there so i find a way to do it with WM_COPYDATA, but my new problem is that i don't know how to use it, does anyone can help me giving me some simply steps or a simply code to help me?And my new question is that i can use it with the same way in both languages?((C++)opengl and VB.NET )
    Thanks for ur help!!!