Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

I need some immediate help! Experts!

cucucucu Posts: 39Member
[b][red]This message was edited by cucu at 2005-12-2 14:23:38[/red][/b][hr]
Hello!

I created a media player application with Mcisendstring API but I need to read the song titles from the cd. When I ran Windows Media player, I realized that it shows the song titles and also the picture of the CD albume. These information are hidden on the CD.

Is there a way to read these information with .net? If you know please let me know how to do it or any sample code would be a great help.

Thanks!

CUCU

Comments

• weiccoweicco Posts: 950Member
    You can embed Windows Media Player to your project/form. Add it to toolbox and drag it to your form. Then you can read all the information and display videos / play audios with it. The code to read information about media files goes something like this:

[code]
    IWMPMedia media = axWindosMediaPlayer.currentPlaylist.Add("C:PathFile.wmv");
    for (int i = 0; i < media.attributesCount; i++)
    {
    string attrName = media.getAttributeName(i);
    string attrValue = media.getAttributeInfo(i);
    }
    [/code]

I'm not sure about that code but I think you get the picture.