Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Auto deletion after certain time

hello all,
i want to know if there is any strategy that allows an asp script to automatically delete a database after certain time, using javascipt(how to make time comaprison and adding in javascript and asp)
10x

Comments

• x_rayx_ray Member Posts: 71
    : hello all,
    : i want to know if there is any strategy that allows an asp script to automatically delete a database after certain time, using javascipt(how to make time comaprison and adding in javascript and asp)
    : 10x
    :
    it looks like this forum is deserted, however if there is anybody other than me, i want also to know how to delete other asp files that are in the same directory as the file and then making the file delete itself after droping the database.
  • aaronjones3593aaronjones3593 Member Posts: 122
    : : hello all,
    : : i want to know if there is any strategy that allows an asp script to automatically delete a database after certain time, using javascipt(how to make time comaprison and adding in javascript and asp)
    : : 10x
    : :
    : it looks like this forum is deserted, however if there is anybody other than me, i want also to know how to delete other asp files that are in the same directory as the file and then making the file delete itself after droping the database.
    :

why on earth would you want to do anything like that?

well, regardless, it is still an interesting problem.

I dont think it would be possible due to file permissions on the server, whatever server it is on. I know javascript can delete local files (e.g. the script is on the harddrive, not a website, and it can delete, for example, c:document.rtf) but I dont think ASP can delete files in the same directory on a server unless the file permissions are set to 755 and "Script execution" is enabled for the folder the script is in.

As for the word "deserted", it isnt, we are just busy doing.....
    ..... other things :)

-( Aaron )-

Peace all...