slow down without distortion - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

slow down without distortion

chals1chals1 Posts: 1Member
How could i slow down the speed of an audio stream without affecting the pitch or tone ?

Comments

• IDKIDK Posts: 1,784Member
    : How could i slow down the speed of an audio stream without affecting the pitch or tone ?
    :
    Get the frequency, and play it with it, then just play it a little bit longer.

The first bit is hard and I don't know how to do it...

[grey]The one and only [b]Niklas Ulvinge[/b][/grey] [white]aka [b]IDK[/b][/white]

• anthrax11anthrax11 Posts: 511Member
    : : How could i slow down the speed of an audio stream without affecting the pitch or tone ?
    : :
    : Get the frequency, and play it with it, then just play it a little bit longer.
    :
    : The first bit is hard and I don't know how to do it...
    :
    : [grey]The one and only [b]Niklas Ulvinge[/b][/grey] [white]aka [b]IDK[/b][/white]
    :
    :
    [blue]Do you want to do this using DirectSound or do you just want to edit an existing audio file(wav, mp3)?
    In the latter case a program called Audacity will do the job. You can get it here -
    http://audacity.sf.net/

Just open the audio file, select the portion of the file to be edited and apply "Change Tempo" from the effects menu.

I dont know much about DirectSound though..
    Now I need some sleep, cause its 4:47 AM.
    [/blue]