Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

windows system32 folder/files

emcolukemcoluk Member Posts: 2
I cannot get windowssystem32 folder to show. I have unhidden all folders/files but still no luck.....I have searched for it in explorer but nothing....when I do a virus scan or similar it does search the windowssystem32 folder so it is there but I cannot see it???

Comments

• anthrax11anthrax11 Member Posts: 511
    : I cannot get windowssystem32 folder to show. I have unhidden all folders/files but still no luck.....I have searched for it in explorer but nothing....when I do a virus scan or similar it does search the windowssystem32 folder so it is there but I cannot see it???
    :

[blue]Are you using WinXP or Win98(SE)?

The Windows/System32 folder is usually rather empty on Windows 98SE.
    Win98 puts most of the system stuff in the Windows/System folder while WinXP uses Windows/System32.

This is what I have right now:

[code]C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32>dir /a

Volume in drive C has no label
    Volume Serial Number is 1A06-0D7A
    Directory of C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32

31.10.05 20:41 .
        31.10.05 20:41 ..
        DRIVERS
          31.10.05 20:41 DRIVERS
          FOLDER HTT 13 122 31.10.05 21:32 folder.htt
          DESKTOP INI 266 31.10.05 21:32 desktop.ini
          2 file(s) 13 388 bytes
          3 dir(s) 219 963 392 bytes free

[/code]
          The DRIVERS folder contains a bunch of .sys files(some drivers) and the two files folder.htt and desktop.ini hold the view settings of the current folder. Thats about it, so not much to see here.

You could also try "dir /a" in your system32 folder using the command prompt, but I doubt this gives you anything new.

I hope this cleared something up for you.
          [/blue]

• GaashiusGaashius Member Posts: 349
    : : I cannot get windowssystem32 folder to show. I have unhidden all folders/files but still no luck.....I have searched for it in explorer but nothing....when I do a virus scan or similar it does search the windowssystem32 folder so it is there but I cannot see it???
    : :
    :
    : [blue]Are you using WinXP or Win98(SE)?
    :
    : The Windows/System32 folder is usually rather empty on Windows 98SE.
    : Win98 puts most of the system stuff in the Windows/System folder while WinXP uses Windows/System32.
    :
    : This is what I have right now:
    :
    : [code]C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32>dir /a
    :
    : Volume in drive C has no label
    : Volume Serial Number is 1A06-0D7A
    : Directory of C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32
    :
    : .
      31.10.05 20:41 .
      : ..
        31.10.05 20:41 ..
        : DRIVERS
          31.10.05 20:41 DRIVERS
          : FOLDER HTT 13 122 31.10.05 21:32 folder.htt
          : DESKTOP INI 266 31.10.05 21:32 desktop.ini
          : 2 file(s) 13 388 bytes
          : 3 dir(s) 219 963 392 bytes free
          :
          : [/code]
          : The DRIVERS folder contains a bunch of .sys files(some drivers) and the two files folder.htt and desktop.ini hold the view settings of the current folder. Thats about it, so not much to see here.
          :
          : You could also try "dir /a" in your system32 folder using the command prompt, but I doubt this gives you anything new.
          :
          : I hope this cleared something up for you.
          : [/blue]
          :
          :
          :
          Well it would be quite strange to miss a system32 dir on a winXP, but it would be more strange to see more Windows and system32 dirs on your comp - check the last very strange suggestion, I can't say anything else :D

( just a note: since this is a Windows XP msg board sure our friend uses Win XP :-) )

[b][blue]GAASHIUS[/blue][/b]