Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Routing and Proxies

Hi,

I want to setup a router with Proxy and port access blocking facility.

I am using SuSE 10.0 OSS Should I stick to it or there is a better choice

Thanks

SSL

Comments

• satharielsathariel Member Posts: 59
    : Hi,
    :
    :
    : I want to setup a router with Proxy and port access blocking facility.
    :
    : I am using SuSE 10.0 OSS Should I stick to it or there is a better choice
    :
    :
    : Thanks
    :
    : SSL
    :
    Hi,

you can use every OS that you would like to use. Be sure to search for hints how to set up a router/proxie. The distribution is only a matter of your choice. They all differ so it should be the one you are most familiar with.

regards

[black]SaThaRiel[/black]

[size=1][blue]Any time things appear to be going better, you have overlooked something.[/blue][/size]

• kc2keokc2keo Member Posts: 110
    Well like the previous poster said you could use just about any OS to do this. I personally have used Squid Proxy cache and it works great with SSL and without. I am able to connect to it and keep a stable connection. There are many more proxies too except I prefer Squid. When remote I find Webmin the most direct way to modify my settings not only for Squid but for my other services such as SSH, Samba, etc... I have tested Squid out on Gentoo Linux 2005.0, Gentoo Linux 2004.3, Mandrake Linux 10.1, and Debian Sarge 3.1. To find out more about squid do some googleing. You may also want to search for other proxies but for what you mentioned above Squid should suffice.

Good luck,

--George

<------------------------------------------>

Reach me at:

AIM IM: kc2keo
    EMAIL: kc2keo@gmail.com

Pri. Homepage: http://MouyiosMachine.hopto.org:8080