Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Program running

MargaloMargalo Member Posts: 75
[Green] I have a computer *shock and awe* With programs that I have writen on it that I need to run, somtimes from another location. If I have all the info about my computer, how would I go about getting into it by means of the internet to run my programs. Any and all responces welcome. (keep in mind I may need specific instructions. I don't have the slightest clue what I'm doing!!!!)

-Margalo ;-)

Comments

• rgentryrgentry Member Posts: 5
    : [Green] I have a computer *shock and awe* With programs that I have writen on it that I need to run, somtimes from another location. If I have all the info about my computer, how would I go about getting into it by means of the internet to run my programs. Any and all responces welcome. (keep in mind I may need specific instructions. I don't have the slightest clue what I'm doing!!!!)
    :
    : -Margalo ;-)
    :
    [black]You can connect to your computer through something called "Remote Desktop".

Your computer with the programs (Computer A) must be turned on and the computer your going to run computer A from (Computer B) Must have the remote desktop application (Found under Start>All Programs>Accessories>Communications>Remote Desktop Connection)

Under Computer A you will need to go under control panel then to System. Then you go under the Remote Tab and make sure that remote desktop is allowed. (Check the box if it is unchecked) Okay now, Computer A is prepared for remote access, just leave it on and go to Computer B.

Under Computer B run the Remoe Desktop Connection and you should get a pop up. Now...Assumeing that you know all your computer information here is what goes where.

Computer- The name of the computer you are connecting to.
    User name- User name of the user logged onto computer A.
    Password- Password of User on computer A.
    Domain- Your domain name on computer A.

You also got a few other options but those are for personal prefrence if you want to change any refer to the help button at the bottom for a description of each.

After you have it all in click connect and you will see Computer A's desktop just as you would see it if you were sitting right in front of it.

This is all assumeing you are using Windows XP, have a internet connection.

If that doesn't work for you, I can describe another way of connecting but this requires a person both on Computer A to allow access and a person on computer B.

Hope that helps!
  • MargaloMargalo Member Posts: 75