Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

buddy system in memory management

happyiitdhappyiitd Posts: 5Member
I want a c++ program to implement dynamic memory management module using Buddy system. Assume memory (use an array) to be of size 2n . Write the following functions.

1.Allocation module (that allocates block(number of array locations))
2. De allocation module and return to corresponding available list
3.Functions for showing status of available blocks (use doubly linked structure) and of used blocks (corresponding address indices and size in tabular form).
PLEASE HELP FAST.

Comments

• stoberstober Posts: 9,765Member ✭✭✭
    : I want a c++ program to implement dynamic memory management module using Buddy system. Assume memory (use an array) to be of size 2n . Write the following functions.
    :
    : 1.Allocation module (that allocates block(number of array locations))
    : 2. De allocation module and return to corresponding available list
    : 3.Functions for showing status of available blocks (use doubly linked structure) and of used blocks (corresponding address indices and size in tabular form).
    : PLEASE HELP FAST.
    :

start here
    [code]
    #include

int main()
    {
    // put your code here
    }

[/code]

• happyiitdhappyiitd Posts: 5Member
    : : I want a c++ program to implement dynamic memory management module using Buddy system. Assume memory (use an array) to be of size 2n . Write the following functions.
    : :
    : : 1.Allocation module (that allocates block(number of array locations))
    : : 2. De allocation module and return to corresponding available list
    : : 3.Functions for showing status of available blocks (use doubly linked structure) and of used blocks (corresponding address indices and size in tabular form).
    : : PLEASE HELP FAST.
    :
    : start here
    : [code]
    : #include
    :
    : int main()
    : {
    : // put your code here
    : }
    :
    : [/code]
    :
    :
    wat a suggestion my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!
    actually i need this part for a bigger project of a compiler development
    I would appreciate if you could put in a bit of real time code.
    thanx
  • stoberstober Posts: 9,765Member ✭✭✭
    [b][red]This message was edited by stober at 2005-11-16 13:56:36[/red][/b][hr]
    : wat a suggestion my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!

[blue]The sarcasm was intended :-) Most people at least make an effort to write the program themself, post the problem sections and ask specific questions. [/blue]
    : actually i need this part for a bigger project of a compiler development
    : I would appreciate if you could put in a bit of real time code.
    :

[blue]Don't have the time to write your program for you. Shouldn't be very difficult to implement using std::list or std::queue if you are wrinting a c++ program. Doing that sort of thing (wrinting your allocation functions) is not a very common thing to do. But it would be useful in college to help learn the language -- and for compiler writers to implement something like malloc(), calloc(), realloc() and new operator. [/blue]

• LundinLundin Posts: 3,711Member
    : : : I want a c++ program to implement dynamic memory management module using Buddy system. Assume memory (use an array) to be of size 2n . Write the following functions.
    : : :
    : : : 1.Allocation module (that allocates block(number of array locations))
    : : : 2. De allocation module and return to corresponding available list
    : : : 3.Functions for showing status of available blocks (use doubly linked structure) and of used blocks (corresponding address indices and size in tabular form).
    : : : PLEASE HELP FAST.
    : : :
    : : start here
    : : [code]
    : : #include
    : : int main()
    : : {
    : : // put your code here
    : : }
    : : [/code]
    : wat a suggestion my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!
    : actually i need this part for a bigger project of a compiler development
    : I would appreciate if you could put in a bit of real time code.
    : thanx
    :

It seems that the program is rather simple compared to writing a compiler. If you fail with this without even trying, good luck with the compiler...