Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Need a Perl assignment done, willing to pay

calvintecalvinte Posts: 1Member
Hi People,

Thanks for reading first of all.

I'm not good at programming and I have an assignment due end of this month, it's a Perl assignment with Webmin. Please let me know if you can help. I'll post the assignment below. Please let me know how much you want to do this and how long it will take. For the program, I need you to put some comments to show me why the code is needed there so at least I can understand it a bit. I know.. I know.. It's not the correct way to do so, but I've tried do many previous assignments myself but I failed most of them, here's the last assignment and if I don't do it right, I'll fail.

Anyway, the early you give me back the code, the better, if the price is resonable, I'll pay up for early completion. This will allow me time to get to understand the code actually, not just get by with the class.

Thanks.

Assignment is as follow::
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Step 1
------
Read this:
http://www.webmin.com/modules-index.html

Step 2
------
The file /etc/bashrc contains alias and function definitions that every user logging into the system picks up. Hence they are considered a global or system wide setting. Individual users can customize their own environment by modifying ~/.bashrc.

The webmin module you are going to build will provide a safe web interface to the file /etc/bashrc. Filling in an html form is safer, less error prone and can more easily be done by a junior administrator. Editing files directly with vi or emacs is more likely to produce an error. This is one of the main function goals of webmin. You will also be able to code some error checking before the modifications are written to the file.

Required Features
-----------------
Make your module accessible to the admin account through the System section of Webmin.
Maintain the modular design typical of existing webmin modules. If you write one monolithic program which successfully implements all the functional requirements of the exercise you will still receive a failing grade on the assignment because you abandoned the design of webmin.
User can add new aliases and functions.
User can delete existing aliases and functions.
A reasonable level of error checking is required. Though it is impossible to validate all data for all possible types of corruption it is not acceptable for a programmer to just blindly trust an external source of data and assume it is good. You must make some attempt at controlling what comes into your environment. You are operating these programs as root. Any garbage can have devastating results for your poor server. For example; when creating a new alias the alias name should not have special characters like a space, asterisk, dollar sign or any other characters that have special meaning to the shell. So don't just take the name given and write it out ot /etc/bashrc, that would be a big mistake.
Implement file locking when appropriate as you read and edit /etc/bashrc.
When you accept the definition of a new function you can place some limitations on how the user defines and creates that text in a html form. Think about how you are going to read that information into your perl program and manipulate it.
Your program will operate in English, French and German. You will build and use files in the lang subdirectory to achieve multiple languages. The perl programs you write are exactly the same regardless of language, the user could switch back and forth without modifying the perl code. You can get the language translations from BableFish.
Create your own image.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
End.

Comments

• KevinADCKevinADC Posts: 63Member
    : Hi People,
    :
    : Thanks for reading first of all.
    :
    : I'm not good at programming and I have an assignment due end of this month, it's a Perl assignment with Webmin. Please let me know if you can help. I'll post the assignment below. Please let me know how much you want to do this and how long it will take. For the program, I need you to put some comments to show me why the code is needed there so at least I can understand it a bit. I know.. I know.. It's not the correct way to do so, but I've tried do many previous assignments myself but I failed most of them, here's the last assignment and if I don't do it right, I'll fail.
    :
    : Anyway, the early you give me back the code, the better, if the price is resonable, I'll pay up for early completion. This will allow me time to get to understand the code actually, not just get by with the class.
    :
    : Thanks.
    :
    :
    : Assignment is as follow::
    : -----------------------------------------------------------------
    : Step 1
    : ------
    : Read this:
    : http://www.webmin.com/modules-index.html
    :
    : Step 2
    : ------
    : The file /etc/bashrc contains alias and function definitions that every user logging into the system picks up. Hence they are considered a global or system wide setting. Individual users can customize their own environment by modifying ~/.bashrc.
    :
    : The webmin module you are going to build will provide a safe web interface to the file /etc/bashrc. Filling in an html form is safer, less error prone and can more easily be done by a junior administrator. Editing files directly with vi or emacs is more likely to produce an error. This is one of the main function goals of webmin. You will also be able to code some error checking before the modifications are written to the file.
    :
    : Required Features
    : -----------------
    : Make your module accessible to the admin account through the System section of Webmin.
    : Maintain the modular design typical of existing webmin modules. If you write one monolithic program which successfully implements all the functional requirements of the exercise you will still receive a failing grade on the assignment because you abandoned the design of webmin.
    : User can add new aliases and functions.
    : User can delete existing aliases and functions.
    : A reasonable level of error checking is required. Though it is impossible to validate all data for all possible types of corruption it is not acceptable for a programmer to just blindly trust an external source of data and assume it is good. You must make some attempt at controlling what comes into your environment. You are operating these programs as root. Any garbage can have devastating results for your poor server. For example; when creating a new alias the alias name should not have special characters like a space, asterisk, dollar sign or any other characters that have special meaning to the shell. So don't just take the name given and write it out ot /etc/bashrc, that would be a big mistake.
    : Implement file locking when appropriate as you read and edit /etc/bashrc.
    : When you accept the definition of a new function you can place some limitations on how the user defines and creates that text in a html form. Think about how you are going to read that information into your perl program and manipulate it.
    : Your program will operate in English, French and German. You will build and use files in the lang subdirectory to achieve multiple languages. The perl programs you write are exactly the same regardless of language, the user could switch back and forth without modifying the perl code. You can get the language translations from BableFish.
    : Create your own image.
    : -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    : End.
    :

I hope this thread is removed by this forums moderators. Do your own work. Shame on you.